Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Silly Seat

Getting to the garage this year has been quite the challenge as my wife has moved to NYC but the car still resides 4 hours north. The situation has had its silver lining however. It gave me the opportunity to try co-driving. It forced me to learn what was going on the other side of the car as previously I've been very happy to leave it to the co-driver. Anyhow - I am happy with myself for tackling it. Though I made some mistakes - I will feel like I better know what's going on during the event. Even better - I discovered that I enjoy co-driving. Yes, the other side is actually fun too. Thanks to Jamie Gardhouse for allowing me the chance to try my hand at it.

This said - I am not abandoning driving. I just need to put in the time to get my car in order. Though finishing Perce-Neiges (nationally) in 07 was a coup - I am not pleased with myself for DNFing Pines twice due to mechanical issues. My goal is to have everything in confirmed working order for the new OPRC spring events.

No comments: